Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First, abolish welfare

I was going to title this post "Blinded by the whites" to mimic a song I heard on the radio the other day, but I decided I should be serious.

Welfare must be abolished because it encourages people to drop out of the job market and have babies.  For you political science majors, I'm talking about TANF ("Temporary" Aid to Needy Families).  Get rid of it.  Right now.  It's bad news.

I could write about this for hours, but I'm working on other stuff now (I'll get back to you!) and by now, everyone should know this.  Welfare sucks.

Okay, if you want to be "moderate", say, no new welfare cases accepted, effective immediately.  Current TANF recipients get to keep "earning" (HA HA!) what they applied for until their time, six months at most, is up.

And when the mothers come around begging, tell them, "Sorry, call me racist if you want, it doesn't hurt my feelings any more."  THEN you can go home and cry out your hurt feelings.

I'm teasing, but there's a grain of truth, isn't there?  Liberals who like welfare are blinded by their own guilt and generosity, and poor teenagers with poor values (more than half of them are white, look it up!) are blinded by the lure of all that money.  Only a rich, guilty liberal would say it's not that much money.  It's a LOT of money to a poor teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment